General Council for the Judiciary-Judicial Records Centre: Processing of Court Decisions
The General Council for the Judiciary's objective was to provide the Spanish legal community with a complete set of all relevant decisions (verdicts and rulings) in structured format. It delegated this task to its Judicial Records Centre.
With its semantic technology, SERIKAT contributed the necessary standardisation, structuring, data anonymization and classification, structuring the contents so that they can be processed by knowledge management and big data systems.
We have processed over 5 million decisions.
- All information that will help with two major challenges – acceleration and standardisation of judicial decisions – made available to judges, magistrates and the legal world in general.
- Dramatic reduction in document cataloguing and classification costs.
- Enrichment of the information by extracting data from the texts that goes beyond their contents.
- Detection of duplicates.
- Homogenisation of information, giving similar data identical values.
- Improvement in legal practice, through location and linking of jurisprudence and legislation.
- Hiding sensitive information, by means of depersonalisation of documents, for compliance with the Data Protection Act and Heredia rules.